All Premium accounts can change their alias for free twice during each month here. Insider accounts can do so at the same link for free five times per month.
Your alias must abide by the following.
- Length: 3-17 characters
- Alphanumeric, -, _, ^
- Must contain at least two consecutive letters or numbers
- Must contain at least one letter
- Cannot have the same character repeated more than 3 times in a row.
- Cannot have the same character group more than 3 times in a row (eg ABABABAB)
- No racial slurs
How do I get more alias changes?
If you have used up your free changes for the month, you may purchase an additional alias change by using ESEA points and simply attempting to change your alias again. You will then be prompted to confirm and purchase an additional change if you have used your allotted changes.
If you don't want to pay for individual alias change maybe it is time to upgrade your account to Insider in order to take advantage of the fact you can change your alias five times per month for free instead of just twice.
How do I claim the alias from an inactive account?
If you wish to have an alias that is already taken by a member, you may do so if the account meets the following requirements:
- Is not currently banned.
- Does not currently have Premium or Insider access.
- Has not been accessed within the last 6 months (182.5 days to be exact).
Please use this website to find out how long ago the user last logged in. Please keep in mind that our website goes by UTC time and the displayed time that you see may be off by 3-5 hours so if it is not letting you take the alias just keep trying until it does. Support staff are unable to manually change the alias for you.