In order to start a scrim:
- Find and join an empty scrim server and get all five members of your team in.
- The first person in the server will be designated as the admin and will receive the scrim setup menu once all five members are in.
- Choose which map you want to scrim.
- Choose the level of the opponent you wish to scrim.
- Optionally, choose whether you want to scrim just that level, that level and above, or that level and below.
- Now wait for an opponent to join the server, the scrim is automatically advertised on the website and on Client.
When an opponent joins the server, you can either choose to accept to scrim them or reject them which in turn kicks their team and temporarily bans them for five minutes (type ".clearbans" to unban rejected teams).
Once you accept a team, you can either wait till they get five in or type ".reject" anytime to kick the team and start looking for a different team.
At this point everyone marks themselves and ready and the scrim is played.
- At the end of the scrim, the admin is presented with a menu to either scrim the same team again or look for a new scrim. If the admin chooses to look for a new scrim, the opposing team is kicked and temporarily banned for five minutes.
- You have 30 minutes to start a scrim, or your team will be removed from the server.
- To transfer admin privileges to another member of your team, use the .give admincommand.
In order to join a scrim:
- Open the ESEA client to the Scrim tab.
- When you find a scrim you like, join the server and wait to be either accepted or rejected.
- To improve your chances of being accepted, make sure to validate your team by going to the "Validate Team" tab under "Edit Team" when viewing your team's profile page.