The Karma System is a method of community self-policing and is primarily based on users ranking their experience with players in-game. Users start with a neutral (0) karma level, and that level is affected by the following actions.
- Positive Karma:
- If the majority of teammates rate their experience with you as positive, you receive +1 Karma for that pug.
- Negative Karma:
- If the majority of teammates rate their experience with you as negative, you receive -1 Karma for that pug.
- Leaving a pug (-1, -2, -4, -8, increases with each pug leave)
- Having a post nuked (-5 for a post in a thread, -10 for the first post starting a thread)
As long as you are a good teammate you will earn +Karma. If you find yourself constantly losing karma, this means your teammates are rating their experience with you poorly at the end of the game. Remember, every pug you play is a potential addition or subtraction to your Karma level, however, if your teammates rank you neutrally, then you will receive neither positive or negative Karma for that pug.
Based on your Karma level, your interaction with the community both in-game and on the website will be affected in the following ways.
- 150 Karma and above reduces comment and new topic wait time to 15 seconds
- 50 Karma and above reduces comment and new topic wait time to 30 seconds
- 1 Karma and above reduces comment and new topic wait time to 60 seconds
- 0 Karma and below comment and new topic wait time is 3 minutes
- -5 Karma and below prevents you from buying flashbang and incendiary grenades in games that feature them
- -30 Karma and below increases comment and new topic wait time to 5 minutes
- -30 Karma and below results in a ban which scales with the number of offences. The first ban would be 30 days, the second 60, the third 150 and each following ban would last a calendar year. However, upon your return, your Karma will be reset to 0
We will not accept any support tickets requesting information on how/why karma was lost. The system is self-regulating and cannot be adjusted by administrators.